There are still spaces available on the FREE REHIS Food & Health Training course next week. This course is open to all.
Wednesday and Thursday 1st and 2nd September, 9.30am – 1pm both days. Online via Zoom.
Book via their website: https://www.edinburghcommunityfood.org.uk/Event/rehis-food-health-1st-september or by emailing or calling: Louise.Cairns@edinburghcommunityfood.org.uk or call 0131 467 7326.
- Are you interested in food and healthy living?
- Do you feel confused by health and nutrition advice?
- Would you like to know more?
This informative and useful course is packed with clearly delivered information that aims to cut through all the mixed messages about nutrition. It is designed for anyone with an interest in food and for those who work with food in any capacity, including: carers, home-helps, nursery staff, café staff/caterers and those whose voluntary involves food preparation or handling. It is also highly relevant for anyone who cooks at home.
What do you get out of it?
- Gain a clear understanding of general nutrition
- Gain practically applicable knowledge for the workplace and the home
- Understand the consequences of eating habits on health and disease
- Discuss the roles of carbohydrates, protein, fruit & vegetables, fat and fibre
- Understand the role of vitamins, minerals and trace elements
- Gain insight into maintaining a healthy weight
- Identify different ways of preparing and cooking foods for a healthy diet
- Learn how to make sense of food labelling
Get In Touch with Louise Cairns
T: 0131 467 7326
Charity Number SC 024980
Company Number SC 166876