*Please remember that your children do not have to do all of these tasks, these are just suggested activities. Their well being is what is most important.*
I would LOVE to see some of the things you are doing at home. You can keep me up to date by Tweeting pictures or comments to @MsMcConnellSfL and @Leith_Primary. Or you can email me if you prefer.
SpellZone: You will shortly be sent an email with your username and password if you are in one of my spelling groups.
SfL YouTube: This term, I will be making and posting helpful videos on this channel for both parents and children.
Spelling Tasks for Every Week
- Make up a mneumonic for your spelling word.
- Write the word out three times using the ‘Look, Say, Cover, Write and Check’ method to help you remember it.
- Have a dictionary race and time yourself looking the word up in the dictionary, can you improve on your time?
- Find a word inside the word to help you remember how to spell it.
- Spell the words out loud to your family.
- Write a silly or sensible sentence/paragraph using some of your words.
- Highlight your spelling words in newspapers or magazines that you have in the house.
- Spot your spelling words in books you are reading.
- Dictation- your family could make up a sentence that includes one or more of your spelling words and read it out loud to you. You write out the full sentence.
- Friday Challenge: your family could test you on your spelling words.
Or, you could complete some of the challenges in the picture below.
This Term’s Spelling Words
- Week beginning 27th April and 4th May- column 1
- Week beginning 11th and 18th May- column 2
- Week beginning 25th May and 1st June- column 3
- Week beginning 8th and 15th June- column 4
*To make this page more user friendly, I have the past weeks tasks and content. Please contact me by email or on Twitter at @MsMcConnellSfL if you would like me to send you something that you were using that I have now taken down.*