*Please remember that your children do not have to do all of these tasks, these are just suggested activities. Their well being is what is most important.*
I would LOVE to see some of the things you are doing at home. You can keep me up to date by Tweeting pictures or comments to @MsMcConnellSfL and @Leith_Primary. Or you can email if you prefer.
You can access the Speed Sound lessons for FREE if you subscribe to the Ruth Miskin Youtube channel here.
You can access the full FREE ebook library from Oxford Owl here.
You can also find pictures of the three sets of sounds here.
I will be making some helpful videos for parents and children and posting them on a new SfL YouTube channel here.
Tasks for Every Week
- Practise your Speed Sounds using the videos on the Ruth Miskin YouTube channel in the link above.
- Do a Speed Sound lesson with your family using your own flashcards- see information and downloads below to help you access or make your own flashcards.
- Practice your Green Words and Red Words, see downloads link below.
- On a family walk, play I-Spy and spot as many things that start with or contain your sounds as you can.
- Make a list of all the words you know that start with or contain your sounds.
- Read the stories (links below) and complete the tasks.
Easter to Summer 2020
Groups 1 and 2 should practise their Set 3 Sounds (you can revise your Set 1 and 2 Sounds too).
Group 3 should practise and learn their Set 1 sounds.
See the links above to access the Speed Sounds lessons.
*Unfortunately, there are no links to the Fresh Start Modules online. Miss McConnell has been busily photographing and organising all of the modules into files that will shortly be uploaded below for you to download. Check back shortly to access the files or keep an eye on Twitter to find out when they are uploaded @MsMcConnellSfL
*Files with Modules will be uploaded here soon
*To make this page more user friendly, I have deleted the information and tasks that were on it before. All of the important resources you need should still be here. Please contact Miss McConnell on Twiter at @MsMcConnellSfL or by emailing her at the school if there is something you were using that is now missing.*